Aged to Perfection
The Excelsior has graced Eugene since 1912, built originally as a sorority house for the University of Oregon. In 1972, it re-opened as the Excelsior Cafe.
In 1993, Chef Maurizio Paparo purchased the property and transformed it into the comfortable, elegant inn we enjoy today. The upstairs is now a 14-room bed & breakfast with a private entrance and lobby with an elevator, making the inn wheel chair accessible for guests.
Throughout the inn and restaurant, custom stained glass by Ian Fuller, wrought iron work by Sculptor of Steel artist Dave Thompson and over 100 paintings by artists of the
Oregon Watercolor Society are on display.